Metal and Semiconductor Clusters, Analysis of Electronic and Fine Structure of Clusters with Synchrotron radiation, Fuel Cell, Lithium Secondary Battery, Supercapacitor
2000 Sogang Univ. Chem. Eng., BA
2002 Sogang Univ. Chem. Eng., MS
2006 Japan Adv. Inst. Sci. Tech., Materials Science, Ph.D
1. Y.-T. Kim, K. Ohshima, K. Higashimine, T. Uruga, M. Takata, H. Suematsu and T. Mitani, "Fine Size Control of Platinum on Carbon Nanotubes: from Single Atom to Cluster," Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2006, 45, 407 and Angew. Chem. 2006, 118, 421.
2. Y.-T. Kim, T. Uruga, and T. Mitani, "Formation of Single Pt Atom on Thiolated Carbon Nanotubes Using a Moderate and Mass-producible Chemical Approach," Adv. Mater. 2006, 18, 2364.
3. Y.-T. Kim and T. Mitani, "Surface Thiolation of Carbon Nanotubes as Supports: A Promising Route for the High Dispersion of Pt Nanoparticles," J. Catal. 2006, 238, 394.
4. Y.-T. Kim, Y. Ito, K. Tadai, U.-S. Kim, H.-S. Kim, B.-W. Cho and T. Mitani, "Drastic Change of Electric Double Layer Capacitance by Surface Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes," Appl. Phys. Lett. 2005, 87, 234106. (Selected for: Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, 2005, December 12.)
5. Y.-T. Kim and T. Mitani, "Oxidation Treatment of Carbon Nanotubes: An Essential Process in Nanocomposite with RuO2 for Supercapacitor Electrode Materials," Appl. Phys. Lett. 2006, 89, 033107. (Selected for: Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, 2006, July 31.)
Mass. Inst. Tech., Mech. Eng., Post-Dr
Samsung SDI, Corporate R&D, Research Scientist
Honors and Awards
03/2007 Invited talk, 2007 Spring American Chemical Society National Meeting, Electroctalyst division
03/2006 Best Completion Award, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
10/2002 - 03/2006 Recipient of Japanese Government Scholarship for a Foreign Student, Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
International Joint Research & Activities
Joint Research Partner: Mass. Inst. Tech., Argonne National Lab., Japan Adv. Inst. Sci. Tech., SPring-8